Posted: September 19th, 2023
Assessment 2 | Psychology homework help
Assessment 2 Instructions: Research Concepts Matrix
- Build a second research matrix, which includes research concepts that can be found and connected to the same four research articles selected for you. A fifth article is included as an example to help guide your work on this assessment.
It is important to understand how to capture your audience when it comes to research. Not only should it be captivating, but the initial entry to the research should include as much information as possible so that readers can understand what they are about to learn.
At this point, you’ll move toward the practical side of research. That is, learning the significant components of a research study that require specific interconnectedness. The research introduction, the purpose statement, the research questions, and hypotheses all connect to each other. These then need to connect to the methodology—either quantitative or qualitative. Understanding these intersections is helpful for an ongoing development of research skills.
This assessment focuses on building a second research matrix similar to the one from Assessment 1. This matrix you will create includes research concepts that can be found and connected to the same four research articles related to the topic selected for you.
Fill out the Research Concepts Matrix [DOCX] with research concepts connected to the topic selected for you. Your faculty will provide the articles you are to use in the Announcements area of the courseroom. A sample article is included in the matrix to demonstrate the level of depth and breadth of content you should include from the four articles you will read for this assessment. All content you include in your Research Concepts matrix should be summarized in your own words. The purpose statement for each article can be provided word-for-word from each article, however. Please use APA format and style for your citations and references for this assessment.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 2: Evaluate the characteristics, purposes, benefits, strengths, and weaknesses of research methods.
- Identify the purpose of the study.
- Identify the statement of the problem.
- Explain the limitations or implications of the study.
- Competency 3: Evaluate ethical issues in research studies.
- Describe the ethical considerations in the chosen research.
- Competency 5: Examine the appropriate application of scientific research methodology.
- Provide the future research possibilities.
- Competency 6: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with the expectations for members in the identified field of study.
- Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with the expectations for members of an identified field of study, using APA style and formatting.
LINKS for articles for review :