Posted: September 18th, 2023
Week 7: Teaching Experience 1 Video
· Points 120
This week, you will record and submit your teaching experience for the lesson you developed. Please create a powerpoint
Your lesson should be approximately about 20 minutes in length but NO LONGER than 30 minutes. Regardless of the time spent teaching, be sure to consider the following when you are constructing your video:
1. Standards and objectives are communicated to the students. Expectations for the lesson are made clear from the beginning of the lesson.
2. The students are engaged in the lesson by way of your organization of the content and your ability to motivate through inquiry and exploration.
3. The presentation of your lesson content is concise and provides multiple opportunities for students to engage.
4. The pacing, sequencing, and structure of the lesson is organized and coherent.
5. Questioning strategies are varied, purposeful, and sequenced with the lesson objectives. Questioning strategies require active responses and promote problem-solving.
6. Teacher to student interaction regularly monitors student acquisition of the material.
7. If students are put into groups, the grouping arrangements are varied and promote accountability.
8. Evidence of one type of informal assessment is included. The student assessment is aligned to standards and the learning objectives of your lesson.
9. Students are on task and the instructor manages behavior that may be off-topic or disruptive.
Please note: It is understood that the students you will be teaching and the site you are working with may have different expectations or timelines that do not correlate with the timelines for this course. The assignments are open for you to submit at any time for feedback. You must complete the lesson planning before you teach, but if your teaching occurs earlier than week 7, you may submit your video lesson at any time. Please make sure to talk with your course instructor and your preceptor if there is any acceleration or deceleration in your teaching experience, so they are aware and can prepare your feedback accordingly. Teaching Experience 1 MUST be completed by the end of week 8.
See rubric below
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.