Posted: September 16th, 2023
Business finance – management group assignment
Group Assignment Overview
Students will have the chance to work with their classmates to develop the perfect healthcare organization and defend their stance on why they feel the organization is complete (optimally maintained).
The professor will divide students into groups of 4 (there might be a few groups of 5 or 3 depending on the number of students in each course) by the end of week 5. Students are not allowed to organize their own groups.
Within Canvas, students will have their own group discussion board. The assignment consists of making 12 posts (no more/no less) to that group discussion board. There will be an introductory post to set the stage/summarize the upcoming posts, and then, there will be a post for each chapter in the book. By completing the discussion thread, the students will do their best to form the “perfect” healthcare organization.
- Each student should make at least 2 posts to contribute to the total number of posts (12).
- Students who do not upload a minimum of 2 posts, for their group, will receive zero credit for the assignment. The other group members will receive points/grades. Other than that issue (a student not participating), every student is responsible for what is posted, and all students will receive the same score. Please, do not request another student be marked down separately from the group. So, be sure to double-check each other’s work.
- Each post should be at least 250 words long but no longer than 500.
- The posts should be grammatically correct.
- Students should specifically cite (in APA format) where information was borrowed from the course textbook (page numbers should be included with each citation) or any other credible source.
- There should be at least two additional external sources (in addition to the course textbook) referenced (not two per post but just two more across all 11). External sources beyond two are welcome and encouraged.
- I strongly recommend students work on this throughout the semester and do not wait until the last minute.
- Plagiarism is not tolerated. Borrowing another group’s ideas/concepts from this semester or another will result in an automatic failing grade (no excuses). All submissions should be original. If it is found that any portions have been copied from the internet or anywhere else, zero credit will be awarded, and the issue will be reported to the college so students can be punished appropriately.
- For organizational purposes, be sure to number each post in its title to coincide with the instructions below (i.e. “post #1, post #2, etc.).
- *The discussion board is what will be assessed for scoring. There is no actual file to upload to the assignment section for grading.
Here are the details:
- Post 1: Describe the health organization your group has decided to form (hospital, small primary care physician office, health insurance company, billing company, healthcare IT company, or etc.). Do some research and think outside the box. If your are unsure if your organization falls within the framework of being healthcare-focused, be sure to confirm the type of organization with your professor first.
- Post 3: Use this slide to discuss the history of organizations similar to yours. Try to especially focus on the following concepts from Chapter 2: how data analytics will be used by your organization, project management, and your organization’s performance improvement philosophies.
- Post 4: Heavily dwell on how evidence-based medicine will be used when operating your organization. Feel free to focus on other points from Chapter 3.
- Post 11: This would be a summary post. It should contain each student’s name and a brief description of what they did to contribute to the assignment (i.e. John Doe – completed posts 1 and 2; also, he kept meeting notes).
- Post 12: references