Posted: August 12th, 2023
Business research and decision making week 2
This assignment builds upon your work in Unit 1.
Data Collection Strategy Analysis:
Chapters 9, 10, and 11 of the textbook provide an overview of qualitative and quantitative data collection strategies.
The Marketing Vice President (VP) has asked her team to propose qualitative and quantitative data collection strategies. She has decided to use qualitative and quantitative methods (i.e., a mixed-methods research design) to determine which smartphone features influence consumers to make a purchase.
From the Unit 1 assignment, you know that the Marketing VP and her team have a research question to answer and a hypothesis to test. The Marketing VP has decided to use a mixed-methods research design to answer the research question and to test the hypothesis. From the given qualitative and quantitative data collection options described below, write an analysis addressing each Individual Project (IP) requirement.
Qualitative Data Collection Techniques
The following are qualitative data collection techniques:
- One-on-one interview: Asking an individual questions to determine and collect in-depth information about their opinions
- Focus groups: Asking a group of people questions to determine their opinions, beliefs, and attitudes toward a subject, product, or concept
- Observation: Gathering data by watching people or events
Quantitative Data Collection Techniques
The following are quantitative data collection techniques:
- Survey or questionnaire: A list of questions aimed at extracting specific data from a group of people
- Polling: A mechanism online or face-to-face to gather opinion from individuals or groups
- Experiment: Performing a procedure to determine a result
Prepare a 5-page data collection strategy assessing qualitative and quantitative data collection options and designing a recommended mixed-methods strategy to collect qualitative and quantitative data to answer a business research question.
Complete the following:
- Introduce the audience to qualitative and quantitative data collection techniques used in business research.
- Assess the qualitative and quantitative data collection options to combine into 1 qualitative data set and 1 quantitative data set that can be combined into a mixed-methods data collection strategy to answer the given business research question.
- Justify how the recommended mixed-methods strategy will collect valid and reliable data to answer the given business research question.
- The conclusion should summarize key points from the analysis.
The data collection strategy analysis on how qualitative and quantitative data collection techniques can be combined into a recommended mixed-methods data collection strategy should consist of 5 pages. Be sure to cite sources using APA properly; include references and in-text citations..
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, that you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 5 pages minimum
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.