Posted: July 30th, 2023
Week 6 problem (mkt6250 healthcare marketing)
Week 6 Problems
Chapters 13 and 14
- The director of a cardiac rehabilitation program was recently approached by a sales representative from the community newspaper selling advertising space. The sales representative underscored the fact that the paper had the largest circulation of any of the three papers serving the area, had just implemented a digital edition, and had the lowest cost per thousand. Before deciding to use this medium, what other factors should the program director consider?
- You have just been tasked with directing a major campaign initiative in the rollout of the new regional comprehensive cancer center. Although historically the medical center had relied on traditional media, the marketplace has shifted and will now be allocating a greater proportion of the budget to digital approaches. However, one concern is that in the immediate metro area, there are still two major newspapers that have strong readership among seniors along with a monthly metro magazine. The medical center’s Facebook page has approximately 16,000 followers, which is quite strong, and an active blog page. You recognize that it is important to consider testing any copy for the various media alternative that you use. What approaches should be considered for the alternative media under consideration?
- Describe how you would balance the allocation of f2fversus digital sales support to the following scenarios as a sales manager:
- Your company has received an email request for a reorder for a total knee prothesis and instrumentation system. You are the sales manager for Smith & Nephew (https://www.smith-nephew.com/key-products/orthopaedic-reconstruction/anthem/
- Links to an external site.). The health system has ordered from you in the past. Should you direct its representatives to the website with an order form and invoice them or send the representative to the health system? Is there some combination that may be more appropriate?
- As the director of physician liaisons for a major academic medical center in the southeastern part of the United States, you have just met with the chief medical officer (CMO) of the clinical practice. The institution has received approval for its proton-beam therapy center and is fast-tracking the facility building of the center because a donor has committed funds, and it will be a joint venture with a proprietary organization. Opening is scheduled for 18 months. The CMO has asked you for a sales plan to educate the physicians in the four-state referral region over the next six months as well as how the plan will evolve over time as it moves to opening date. Describe the evolution of the plan relative to its emphasis in terms of f2f, digital, or hybrid strategy.
- A manufacturer of prosthetic devises has decided to review his company’s sales compensation system. Historically, sales-people were paid on straight salary. Although the company has grown in recent years, the president is convinced that the sales force could generate more sales volume. A major part of the sales job is missionary, yet with the increasing number of physician groups expanding into rehabilitative medicine, a new target market is possible. The manufacturer is also concerned that not all the products in the line have the same margin. What form of compensation would you recommend?
End of chapter conceptual problems evaluate your understanding of key concepts and elements of the Health Care Marketing learned in the chapters. Showing an understanding of the problems using clear logic and supporting facts, you must address the problems analytically and thoroughly. The Assignment must follow the following guidelines:
- You must use citations with references to document information obtained from sources. The key elements of Health Care Marketing are found in the sources listed in this syllabus (it is your duty to search for them, read, analyze, evaluate, summarize, paraphrase in your answers, and cite the authors who wrote the articles, books, term papers, memoirs, studies, etc. What it means is that you will have not less than 4 references from the listed sources.
- Grammatically correct paper, no typos, and must have obviously been proofread for logic.
- Problem numbers must be typed out as headings, with follow-up answers in paragraph format.
The Assignment must be in APA format