Posted: July 26th, 2023
Hypothetical observational study and coding form
Please read all of homework post… Follow the assignment to the tee (assignment in red writing).. List resources and must be completed by 10:30 PM on 05/20/15 Thank You 🙂
- Review the coding form example in Figure 7.1 on page 136 of your course text (See Attached)..
- Choose a setting where you would enjoy observing behavior. It might be someplace you go everyday (like the grocery store) or it might be a place you would like to go (such as a city park).
- Create a coding form for your hypothetical observational study. Use the coding sheet in the course text as an example, but make up something that is entirely your own.
- Upload your coding form as an attachment (in doc or rtf format) to your posting.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 3:
- The topic of your hypothetical observational study. This should also be the “Subject” field of your post this week (e.g., “Child Playground Behavior”).
- In the main body of your post, provide background information on your hypothetical observational study including the setting, why you are interested in this study, and what you hope to learn.
- Explain whether you would be an acknowledged or unacknowledged observer and why.
- Describe the types of behavior and the episodes you included on your coding form.
- Upload the coding form you created as an attached document.
Note: Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources